The United Republic of Tanzania which combined Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar Island is one of the best tourist destinations in Africa. It is home to the greatest wildlife spectacle in the world, the great migration of the wildebeest and zebra, the resident population of lion, cheetah, elephant, giraffe, birds, hippo, rhino, chimpanzee and more beauty of nature.
Tanzania is located in, Eastern Africa. It is bordering:-
- The Indian Ocean, between Kenya and Mozambique to the eastern
- Kenya and Uganda to the North
- Rwanda, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo to the West and
- Zambia, Malawi, and Mozambique to the South
Tanzania has a tropical type of climate.
- Temperatures range between 10ºc and 20ºc in the highlands.
- The rest of the country has temperatures usually not falling lower than 20ºc.
- The hottest period spreads between November and February (25ºc – 31ºc)
- The coldest period is often between May and August (15ºc – 20ºc).
- Nationality: Tanzanian(s); Zanzibari(s).
- Ethnic Groups: mainland – native African 99% (of which 95% are Bantu consisting of more than 130 tribes), other 1% (consisting of Asian, European, and Arab); Zanzibar – Arab, native African, mixed Arab and native African.
- Religions: mainland – Christian 30%, Muslim 35%, indigenous beliefs 35%; Zanzibar – more than 99% Muslim.
- Languages: Kiswahili (Swahili, Kiunguja), and English (both official), Arabic (widely spoken in Zanzibar), and more than 120 local languages.
Tanzania culture is a beautiful mix of over 120 tribes. This makes Tanzania one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world.
- More than 120 tribes and Ethnics Community Languages
- More than 120 culture, handcraft, local music
- Learn a new culture
Tanzania Shilling (TZS) is the national currency. Most used currencies in Tanzania are Tanzania shilling (TZS) and the United State Dollar (US$).
- TZS used mostly in local purchases and shopping.
- US$ used mostly in hotels, National Parks and Game safaris services.
- Check indicative exchange rate from the Bank of Tanzania
- Julius Nyerere International Airport, Dar es Salaam City
- Kilimanjaro International Airport, Kilimanjaro City
- Zanzibar International Aiport
- Mwanza International Airport, Mwanza City
- Songwe International Airport, Songwe town
- Dodoma Airport, Dodoma region City
- Arusha Airport, Arusha
- Permanent Mission of the United Republic of Tanzania to the UN
Official website of Tanzania’s mission to the United Nations.
- Tanzania Embassies Abroad
Address list of Tanzania Embassies Abroad.
- Foreign Embassies in Tanzania
Address list of foreign missions accredited to Tanzania
Tanzania is a country with variety type food cater for African, European, Indian, Asian or Arabian tastes.
- Most of the hotels in National Parks and Beaches holidays with 2 to 5 stars offer Europeans with a little combination of Africa and Indian.
- African food is mostly accessible through local restaurants, hotels, bars, groceries,
- Make sure you specify the type of food you prefer when you’re booking.